[pmwiki-users] Re: WikiCalendar date markup

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Sun May 8 20:19:58 CDT 2005

On Monday, 9 May 2005 3:25 AM, chr at home.se wrote:
>It's probably relatively easy to create a custom markup that
>transforms
>
>	(:calendar 20050501:)
>
>into e.g.
>
>	[[Calendar/20050501 | Monday 16 May 2005]]
>
>or however you want the link to appear. I don't think it's a good idea to
>use the approach where all occurences of a string such as '2005-05-01' is
>transformed into a long date format.
>
>Anyway, the person to ask about this stuff is John, I wonder why he's been
>quiet though...

Er, because it's the weekend and I was not near a web connected computer.
(Weekend: that time when one has an opportunity to walk on the beach,
tidy the garden, watch a movie, listen to misic, play with the cat...)

I will review the discussion and respond with something helpful ASAP.

My initial quick thought is that we add a capability to recognise

[[some group/yyyymmdd]]

as a date reference and automatically translate it into

[[some group/yyyymmdd | Dayname dd Monthname yyyy]]

The format would of course be configurable. No worries.

--
JR