[pmwiki-users] WikiCalendar date markup

Nate Cull nate at natecull.org
Sun May 8 07:14:49 CDT 2005

> I'm not quite equipped to make any changes to the script itself, but
> here's a couple of suggestions:
>
> 1. Try setting these before your include wikilog in your config.php
> SDV($calendar_datestyle,2);
> SDV($space_date_titles,2);
> SDV($SpaceDateString,'-');

Tried that, it didn't help. I wonder if any of the other cookbook
recipes I'm using are affecting it - I'm running UserAuth, CMSlike skin,
e-Protect - but I can't think why they would.

> 2. Check out this page:
> http://www.k12.nf.ca/williamgillett/index.php/Main/SchoolNews
> That's where I use the (:wikilog Calendar:) markup to show a list of
> the latest entries on a page outside the Calendar group.  It makes life
> easier for me not to have to create the individual links, and they
> display in the format you want :)

Already doing this too -- see
http://www.addingtonspace.org/Main/HomePage

This bit works just fine - I guess I'm not making myself clear. I want
to be able to easily refer to a calendar date manually from within
another page, ie, tag an arbitary page with a date. For example: I have
a Meetings group in which I want to store meeting minutes. I want a very
simple way of referring within one of those pages to the date on which
the meeting took place, and have it marked up so that it displays in a
nice clean human-readable manner, but also shows in any backlink
searches I do for dates. And preferably have it be so simple that a
not-terribly-computer-literate user could use it and find it helpful.

I'll keep nibbling at it. If I come up with some markup that works for
me I'll add it to the WikiCalendar cookbook page.