[pmwiki-users] pmwiki-mode emacs and local browsing

Nate Cull nate at natecull.org
Sat May 7 18:38:36 CDT 2005

>I'm trying to access my brandnew local pmwiki (Linux, Apache2, php4
> and working!)  using the emacs pmwiki-mode. My pmwiki is located at
> "http://localhost/pmwiki/pmwiki.php" If I enter that address as
> response to the 'pmwiki-open' command, emacs complains about an
> invalid URI.
>
> Other sites in the WWW seem to have some sort of mapping of the
> "http://<somedomain>/pmwiki.php?n=Main.Home" to just
> "http://somedomain/Main".

Have you looked at http://pmwiki.com/wiki/Cookbook/CleanUrls ?

I followed that recipe on my web host and it worked a treat. Admittedly
haven't got it working on my Windows XP local Apache 2 install, but I
think that's because I didn't set $ScriptUrl.

You shouldn't *need* CleanUrls to be able to use it, though. Does it
work from a normal web browser instead of emacs?