[pmwiki-users] Re: Include URL markup (Radu)

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Fri May 6 10:43:01 CDT 2005

At 10:36 AM 5/6/2005, zgrauer at earthlink.net wrote:
>1. Putting the html code in the skin
>
>If I put it in the skin, won't it show in all the groups?

You didn't mention that you want it only in some groups :)

Anyway, if you want something the authors can't modify and should not be
bothered with, it doesn't make sense to create markup for it.

>I have 3 types of activities in mind, a chemical additives 'handbook' -
>like a very specialized wikipedia, a collection
>of product formulations (a recipe collection for cosmetics, construction
>products, whatever), and a collaborative
>effort to remove arsenic from drinking water in developing countries.

So you may wish to have different skins for each of them, since they look
as if they go to quite different audiences. If you don't want different
skins, the simplest thing I can think of is to copy the skin directory
you're using in 2 or 3 different folders and change the template wherever
it needs to be changed.

e.g.

pub
-skins
  -pmwiki
  -skinwithad (this would have just the contents of pmwiki, but with stuff
added in the template file)

an in the /local group config add
$Skin = 'ad';

>2. What is wrong with the code in the first place?

That code is meant to do something else. As I said, you need special markup
only for stuff you want to allow authors to add or remove at their discretion.

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)