[pmwiki-users] bug or an easter egg?

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Thu May 5 16:04:15 CDT 2005

At 04:10 PM 5/5/2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 02:15:52PM -0400, Radu wrote:
> > At 01:54 PM 5/5/2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > >If you want to ensure that pages aren't listed, then set
> > >$EnablePageListProtect=1; and read-protect the pages.
> >
> > Pretty grim if the excluded pages contain stuff like Sidebar or
> PageTopMenu
> > ;)
>
>I'm afraid I don't understand the question then.  If Sidebar
>or PageTopMenu aren't read-protected, why does it hurt for
>someone to be able to find those pages by choosing a different
>list= parameter to pagelist?  (That's really what list= is for.)

Well, I suppose he wants to hide 'technical', 'admin', or other pages
irrelevant to the authors from the returned lists For example someone looks
for 'gork' and gork happens to be in the sidebar. He might not want all his
authors who use the sidebar actually see it in lists every time they look
for 'gork'. :) Same thing if someone looks for Edit or Read in a wiki about
text editing; they would not expect to see the interface pages come up
(PageTopMenu, etc)

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)