[pmwiki-users] New versions of skins and recipes

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu May 5 10:59:14 CDT 2005

On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 11:36:47AM -0400, Radu wrote:

> Even out of beta, there may be changes, fixes, continued development, so I
> doubt the problem will go away by itself.

Once PmWiki 2.0 exits beta, there will be a lot fewer changes that
introduce incompatibilities.  More common will be the case where a
updated recipe wants to take advantage of a new PmWiki feature introduced
by a minor release.

I think it's overkill to keep track of every version of a recipe.
If an update to recipe XYZ requires, say, beta36, then perhaps rename
(re-upload) the previous version of the XYZ recipe to read
"xyz-pre-beta36.zip" or something like that.

At any rate, there's enough differences in recipe update frequencies
and requirements that I'm not sure that there's a good one-size-fits-all
model here.