[pmwiki-users] ugly .flock bug

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Thu May 5 09:24:00 CDT 2005

Aw. It happened again.

I wonder if this happens to others: in betas earlier than 26, if the .flock
file gets damaged (no idea how, though), pages would not be read, and
pmwiki would return a totally blank html page. The solution was to delete
the .flock file in /wiki.d and all was well. In beta32 and now in beta36,
if the .flock file gets quirky, pages are seen just fine, but every save
reduces the saved file to 0bytes. I was hoping this was fixed in beta36,
but it doesn't seem so. (However, this time I had a recent backup so it was
not too bad)

Pm, could you take a look at the code, see where it may differ from reading
in saving? To me, it seems handled way differently.
Anyway, how does the .flock get bummed? I tried to compare a 'corrupt'
.flock with a normal one and I see no difference in content, owner, rights.
Only the date is different.

I had to downgrade to beta29 in the meanwhile (thinking that the "Fixed
issues with PHP sessions causing deadlock situations." in beta30 introduced
this problem; please correct me if I'm wrong). Can't risk to have hours of
work disappear like this :(

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)