[pmwiki-users] cookbook SVG does not write "width"

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Wed May 4 13:02:22 CDT 2005

Stephan Schildberg wrote:
> %width=800%  %height=800%
> http://www.scoid.net/projekte/freecard/SVG/FreeCard_Layer_Model.svg
>
> It will generate the crucial code to display the graphic:
> <embed height='800' type='image/svg+xml'
> src='http://www.scoid.net/projekte/freecard/SVG/FreeCard_Layer_Model.svg'>
 >
 > [and the 'width' attribute is missing]

%...% markup isn't additive, it replaces whatever was defined before.
(I'm not 100% sure whether that still holds if various types of %...%
markup like inline, block, list etc. are involved, but it's definitely
true for multiple definitions like the above one.)

IOW the %height=800% markup entirely replaces the %width=800% one.

But you can give multiple attributes within a single %...% attribute.
I.e. Instead of

   %width=800%  %height=800%

use

   %width=800 height=800%

BTW it's a good idea to reset such settings if they aren't used anymore.
They remain in effect until the end of the paragraph or the next %...%
markup, whichever comes first, and an empty %% will simply overwrite the
current attribute set with an empty set.

HTH
Jo