[pmwiki-users] New pages link

H. Fox haganfox at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 17:51:12 CST 2005

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 17:32:33 -0500, Radu <radu at monicsoft.net> wrote:
> Big buttons require creative styling.

I've found buttons challenging to style.  The ones on the upload page
in particular.

> Why have a button at all? It breaks
> with the link-based wiki style that allows one to see where each link goes.
> Just put text before and after, like all cool Markup sets do, and let it up
> to admins (and/or authors? ;) to place text around telling readers/authors
> to press Enter after typing in the name of the new page.

Could the button itself appear optionally?

(:newpageinput:)           ==> [_______________] (Create Page)

(:newpageinput button=:)   ==> [_______________]

(:newpageinput button="":) ==> [_______________]

(:newpageinput button=Go:) ==> [_______________] (Go)

(:newpageinput button="New Cookbook Page")
                           ==> [_______________] (New Cookbook Page)

Using the "Go" button is not required  on the PmWiki skin's little
search form.  Same goes for the (:searchbox:) form's "Search" button.
Why is that?  Browser compatibility maybe?

Hagan