[pmwiki-users] Customising the pagelist

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Mar 30 12:33:31 CST 2005

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 11:25:01PM +1200, Simon wrote:
> I use
> (:pagelist group=Profiles list=normal:)
> as a handy of display the contents of a group.
>
> (See http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Directives#pagelist).
>
> I'd like to have the pagelist not list pages such as
> the page the pagelist is generated in (in this case HomePage),
> or SideBar, or SearchWiki,
> or pages that are simply redirects.

$SearchPatterns['normal'][] = FmtPageName('!^$FullName$!', $pagename);
$SearchPatterns['normal'][] = '!^Main.(SideBar|SearchWiki)$!';

At the moment I don't have an easy way to exclude pages that are
redirects, but it's an excellent idea.  I'll see if I can include
that into the overall scheme of things (it's probably worth adding
a note about this to PITS).

Perhaps you can exclude most redirects with something like:

   (:pagelist group=Profiles list=normal -"(:redirect " :)