[pmwiki-users] Including pre-defined text blocks in PmWiki pages

Iain D. Brown iain at iainbrown.net
Sat Mar 26 12:39:12 CST 2005

Question: Is there a way of including a pre-defined chunk/snippet
of text in a PmWiki page?

Example: I wish to include the same postal address on several Wiki
pages, but (being lazy) I don't want to have to type the address
out each time. Rather, I would like to be able to include some
kind of markup, %insert:address%, say, which would insert the
relevant lines from a text file (or the configuration file?) into
a page when that page is requested by a user.

Is this possible? I guess what I am thinking of is something like
WikiStyles for text, rather than styling of text! I have looked
through the PmWiki documentation and the mailing list archives,
and think I could fudge what I want with a convoluted work-around,
but thought I'd ask first in case I have overlooked something.

Many thanks.

Best wishes,

Iain.

--