[pmwiki-users] (:toc) on another page

Eric Appleton ecappleton at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 24 21:32:13 CST 2005

John and Christian,

Thanks for the help, but neither suggestion worked.
Any ideas?

(:toc-page NewsPage:)  <-- the first idea
(:toc page=NewsPage:)  <-- the second idea

Thanks,
Eric

>I just learned how to use (:toc:) to display a table
>of contents at the top of a page based on the levels
>defined by !! or !!!. Is it possible to display the
>same table of contents on a different page?
>
>I would like to have a news page with a number of
>stories, each with its own header, and then display
>each story header as a link on my home page. The
table
>of contents would be perfect if I could tell it which
>page to pull the contents from.
>
>Thanks for the help,
>Eric

Yes, this feature should be fairly easy to add.
However, you will still need to have a (:toc:)
directive on the news page itself, as this is what
causes the toc script to create anchors on headings.

I'll have a look at this over the weekend. You will
write something like

    (:toc-page NewsPage:)

to tell it to go to another page for the headings.

--
JR