[pmwiki-users] How to deny all group creation request?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Mar 21 09:04:36 CST 2005

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 09:54:45AM -0500, cyclops wrote:
> In my pmwiki, I only want the Admin has the permission to create WikiGroups.
> I looked at the documents, and can not find an answer.
>
> How to deny all group creation request from normal user, let only
> admin can do this?

In local/config.php, simply set $GroupPattern to the list of groups
you want to allow.  For example, if you want to allow only the
PmWiki, Main, Profile, and Special groups, you would do:

   $GroupPattern = '(?:PmWiki|Main|Profile|Special)';

This is now also documented at
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/LimitWikiGroups .