[pmwiki-users] block preformat, spaceless?

A Kabaila akabaila at pcug.org.au
Fri Mar 18 14:42:13 CST 2005

On Saturday 19 March 2005 03:42, pmwiki-users-request at pmichaud.com wrote:
> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 23:49:16 -0500
> From: Neil Herber <nospam at eton.ca>
> Subject: Re: [pmwiki-users] block preformat, spaceless?
> To: "Dominique Faure" <dominique.faure.1 at free.fr>,      "Russ Fink"
>         <russfink at hotmail.com>
> Cc: Pmwiki-users at pmichaud.com
>
> At 2005-03-17  11:11 PM +0100, Dominique Faure is rumored to have said:
> >You definitely should try http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SourceBlock
> >(sorry not to have it registered into Cookbook main page)...
>
> Added a reference to this on
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/MarkupTricks.
>
> I still can't figure out how to wrap the following inside (:markup:) [= ...
> =] and have it display properly:
>
>   [=
> An item
> Another item
> A third item =]

Forgive the confusion of old, but I do not understand your problem.  I just
tried the following markup:

[= %red%
 %green% =] And is this text red or green? No, it remains black, since the two
markups are in special "code killing" brackets.

And got the following result:

%red% %green% And is this text red or green? No, it remains black, since the
two markups are in special "code killing" brackets.

The above seems to indicate that [= xxx =] works ok.

BTW, I could not stop ~~~~ completely by putting it in brackets thus:
[=~~~~=]
This seems to get partly parsed on the first parsing of the page.  It becomes
difficult to show how to use ~~~~ to the end users.

I hope to miss having to go to the corner again...

Al.

--
Algis Kabaila
http://www.pcug.org.au/~akabaila