[pmwiki-users] Re: localmap.txt does not allow relative URIs (Was: host-independent ..

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Thu Mar 17 04:45:26 CST 2005

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Radu wrote:

> As I said before, the stuff is there in the docs, but we have to find ways
> to make it obvious...
>
> At 03:53 AM 3/17/2005, you wrote:
> >Hmm.. maybe it'd be nice with
> >a cookbook page with tips on how to do stuff like:
> >* Migrating from PmWiki v1 to v2
>
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/UpgradingFromPmWiki1

Ahem... I wouldn't want to put the tips on that page, since it's the
official instructions for how to upgrade. This would be more like tips and
belong on a separate page. The best tips and methods could of course
eventually be incorporated into that page.

> >* Testing major new cookbook stuff on a test site?
> >
> >http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ModuleGuidelines

Guess I wasn't clear... those are instructions for *writing* new stuff.
What I was thinking was tips for how to go about when you want to try
*using* new stuff and you are afraid that it might break your system
(which would make lots of angry users start screaming at you...)

My problem is that I'm about to upgrade from pmwiki v1 to v2, but that
I'll need to do a lot of testing. In fact, I suspect I'll be forced to do
several test-installations of v2 before I get it all right. During that
time I don't want my users system to stop working of course.

I have already read http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/UpgradingFromPmWiki1
but the methods there aren't quite enough for me unfortunately.

/Christian