[pmwiki-users] File manager based on php?

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Thu Mar 17 04:38:53 CST 2005

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Radu wrote:

> you have a pretty safe file manager right in pmwiki. Why would you want
> them to create directories?

I need to be able to store files in a hierarchy...

> You have flexible site-based, group-based and even page-based
> directories if you want. It limits the size of files, AND the allowable
> extensions. What else do you need? There can be recipes for extended
> functionality.

Yes I know... I've written the recipy UploadExtended... Now that it's time
for me to upgrade wiki.lyx.org to pmwiki v2, I thought I'd first check if
there were ready-made full-featured file managers out there that that we
could make work with PmWiki. This would be instead of rewriting
UploadExtended.

In addition, there are some drawbacks with pmwiki's upload mechanism, e.g.
not able to upload several files at once.

> And yes, exe files as well as many other extensions should be banned.
> pmwiki's inclusion rather than exclusion approach is great for this.

Could you explain why? (Pretend I'm a clueless user :-)

regards
/Christian