[pmwiki-users] Linking to Categories

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Thu Mar 17 02:36:18 CST 2005

Right. I was expecting e.g. [[Category/Links]] to lead to the page, but not
make it list the originating page, unless that page also has [[!Links]] on
it. So we either get different functionality, or we mention this fact in
the docs.

As implemented, I see that [[!Keyword]] is just an alias for
[[Category/Keyword]] (or Keyword in whatever group is configured to act as
category group), not a different feature. Maybe Pm intended it as a
wiki-content standard rather than a feature, and we took it as a separate
wiki feature.

("free links" - funny :) We may learn that taanstafl applies to links too ;)

At 02:35 PM 3/16/2005, Bronwyn Boltwood wrote:
>On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:34:07 -0600, Patrick R. Michaud
><pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> > It's been mentioned in the past that we might want to differentiate
> > between normal page links and category page links for purposes of
> > determining a page's membership in a category, but so far it hasn't
> > been a high priority, and we're still learning about categories here.
>
>I second the need to differentiate between pages mentioning a
>category, and pages that are actually IN the category.  I know I'll be
>wanting to do that on my portfolio site.

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)