[pmwiki-users] localmap.txt does not allow relative URIs (Was: host-independent ..

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 13:32:39 CST 2005

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:03:14 +0100, chr at home.se <chr at home.se> wrote:
> Maybe he meant that it doesn't work to put relative paths in e.g.
> localmap.txt? If I add something like this to my localmap.txt
>
>         TestPrefix      Ooh/ThisIs/Cool/$1
>
> the markup TestPrefix:test in Main.WikiSandbox will just generate this:
>
>         http://www.somewhere.se/wiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Ooh/ThisIs/Cool/test
>
> which means that the HREF will be relative to the group... not quite
> obvious I'd say. Then again.. what should it be relative to? Well, I think
> it should at least be possible to control that yourself, and I'd probably
> prefer it to be relative to either 'http://www.somewhere.se' or
> 'http://www.somewhere.se/wiki'.

I'd like it to be relative to the site, if I don't put in the http://
part myself.  That would solve *my* intermap difficulties (because the
server changes depending on what machine I'm running the wiki from).

For context, I'm running a wikifarm, and there's a directory of static
stuff too.  Sometimes I want to link to another field, or to something
in the static subdir. The webroot directory structure is now similar
enough between machines that only the server name needs changing.

Bronwyn