[pmwiki-users] clean urls - should be working

John W Morris johnwmorris at peak.org
Wed Mar 16 12:05:17 CST 2005

In an attempt to get clean and concise URL's I enabled the EnablePathInfo
  $EnablePathInfo = 1;
And got the following response to all but the home page.
   No input file specified.
I commented out the Enable and a refresh would not work,  I had to delete the cookies and cache.  (should be no cache - did NOT turn that on) and am using the latest Firefox.

I called my hosting company (ValueWeb) support and they said that URL rewriting was supported and not turned off.
Note also that I had to set the following for the system to work.

  $ScriptUrl = 'http://www.evnsong.com/storywiki/pmwiki.php';
  $PubDirUrl = 'http://www.evnsong.com/storywiki/pub';
  ini_set('session.save_path', '/tmp');
And also note that the session files are saved in root in a directory called ".sessions", not in /tmp
Site is www.evnsong.com/storywiki/pmwiki.php
Remote Diag is enabled

What is my cleanest path to clean URL's ????  I like clean concise solutions.  Just can't find them all the time<G> I want to get rid of the "pmwiki.php" and the little "?" and such.
What ever I do to the display of the url must be able to be used again to access that page if copied or typed into the browser.

F'jarr Foss