[pmwiki-users] host-independent URLs for configurations

Hans design at flutesong.net
Wed Mar 16 07:30:21 CST 2005

Wednesday, March 16, 2005, 11:34:26 AM, Nathan wrote:
> A related question: is there any particular reason that absolute URLs are
> required at all? That is, is there any way I can link to Main.Page and
> have it render as one of these (depending on $EnablePathInfo)?

> href="Main/Page"
> href="pmwiki.php?n=Main.Page"

I do not understood why you think you need URLs with absolute path.
They are in most circumstances not required. The only places where absolute
URLs may occur are local/config.php and local/farmconfig.php, for
variables like $ScriptUrl, $PubDirUrl, $UploadUrlFmt, $PageLogoUrl.
Links in skin templates use variables like $ScriptUrl and $PageUrl
(like <a href='$PageUrl?action=edit'>$[Edit Page]</a> ).
And on wiki pages one does not need absolute URLs either and can use
links like Main.HomePage or Attach:myphoto.jpg. the only absolute URLs
required on wiki pages may be links to other sites or images etc on
other sites, and if there are many to the same site it is possible to
define a symbolic link via an entry in local/localmap.txt or local/farmmap.txt
(See PmWiki/InterMap).

Best,
~Hans