[pmwiki-users] bliki [was: clearn URLs for farms]

Ryan Varick rvarick at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 20:40:36 CST 2005

A quick question before I chime in here.  What is the preferred
etiquette to reply to messages on a list like this?  Reply to the
author and CC the list?  Just hit "reply-all?"  Or simply address it
to the list and the list alone?

Your blikification page is interesting.  I've been working on the same
thing, although with a smaller feature set.  pmWiki, as you seem to
have noticed already, can already be beaten into blog form with the
UserAuth and Calendar recipes.  But they don't go far enough.  I need
a "main page" -- the Front Page, as you describe it.  I'm not PHP
hacker, but I can muddle my way through.  I've spent yesterday working
on a horrible, horrible kludge of a directive, which I name
(:wikiblog:) to spit out a cooked main page.   You can see what it
looks like at:

  http://home.ryanvarick.com/content/

I've only had pmWiki for a few weeks, so it's still very rough.  Most
of my work has been to misappropriate the wiki as much as possible --
all the functionality is hidden behind the login page.  Anything that
the anonymous guest cannot do is hidden.  For instance, the main page
is edit-protected, hence there is no edit indicator.  Other pages are
open, and the edit link appears.

I am interested in what I shall call a "perky"... using a wiki to
power my personal web presence.  This means wiki, blog, file manager,
and notes system.  pmWiki supports all of this, if in a rudimentary
fashion.  I will continue to hack my install into submission, but I
would very much like to contribute my ideas back if people are
interested.  Since this email is already far too long, I'll won't wax
philosophical this time around. ;-)

Ryan