[pmwiki-users] Re: PMWiki Bug? leading Tabs

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Mar 15 17:12:03 CST 2005

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 05:49:13PM -0500, Ryan Varick wrote:
> Well, I would like to change the behavior to only trigger on two
> leading spaces but I can't find where pmWiki is formatting things
> (stdmarkup maybe)?  I think the default behavior is fine, I just want
> to override it locally.  Suggestions?

It's in stdmarkup.php.  If you want to change it so that two leading
spaces result in preformatted text, add the following in config.php:

    DisableMarkup('^ ');
    Markup('^  ', 'block', '/^  /', '<:pre,1>');

If you want it so that *exactly* two leading spaces result in
preformatted text (i.e., three spaces is not preformatted), then use

    DisableMarkup('^ ');
    Markup('^  ', 'block', '/^  \\S/', '<:pre,1>');

Using two leading spaces to mean "preformatted text" sounds like a
useful rule that covers most of the existing cases -- and it would
eliminate the "bug" that Christian often complains about where a single
leading space causes a line to become preformatted.  Maybe we can
adopt this or something like it in general?

Pm