[pmwiki-users] Re:Blogging again and MailPost

John W Morris johnwmorris at peak.org
Tue Mar 15 16:30:43 CST 2005

Sorry folks... didn't want to take up this bandwidth.

My original query to Radu was a general query for what I couldn't and still can't find myself.... It is not exactally Blogging.

I want to be able to make a "comments section - Blogish-wise" at the bottom of any page I select (story pages probably).  This would be a page that I have already limited edit priviledges so the single page would have a password to edit and would also allow viewer comments to be freely entered in a seperate box without a password.

I was think that there was no way I would not run afoul of some password scheme or another.   Right now I just protect groups with attribuites with the edit password set and it is working fine for me.  That approach though, would preclude anyone leaving a comment.  Not what I want.
Think of this as a pseudo page attached to the normal page seamlessly but with it's own permissions (essentially none required -  at this time)

The site is http://www.evnsong.com/storywiki/pmwiki.php   "Books" under BookGroup is where the content is being developed.  I am using it right now for collaborative writing.

Oh... I love the Gemini skin but think the Flexi skin is a great toy set and I look forward to playing with appearance when I get the functions all working they way I want them.

I'm working on "email on post" now and it doesn't seem to work.  I get not posts to my email box.   I did note that both the post mail and the config file contain duplicate information.  (mail to, delay, latency  see  below******

Thanks,

F'jarr Foss

include_once("scripts/mailposts.php");   This is in the local/config file only.

 $EnableMailPosts=1;                   Not set (or found in MailPost script) set in config file only)

 $MailPostsTo="ffoss at evnsong.com";  These other three are in both config and mailposts files.
 $MailPostsDelay=1800;
 $MailPostsSquelch=7200;