[pmwiki-users] RSS fails with XML Parsing Error

V.Krishn mistyfire at autograf.pl
Tue Mar 15 11:13:25 CST 2005

On Tuesday 15 March 2005 21:32, you wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 09:18:21AM +0530, V.Krishn wrote:
> > On Monday 14 March 2005 14:08, pmichaud at pobox.com wrote:
> > > Sure, "Line Number 2" is a big clue.  I'm guessing there some
> > > extra blank spaces or lines after the trailing '?>' in your
> >
> > I am not quite sure of all the implications of having a extra blank
> > spaces or lines after the trailing '?>' in .php files, But
> > scripts/wikistyles.php(upto beta26) surely does have one. ;-))
>
> Ummmm, I just checked my scripts/wikistyles.php file, and there's
> definitely no extra spaces at the end of the script, at least in
> the versions I'm using.  Can you or someone else confirm this, please?
>
> Pm
Ok here is what I did.
I use Linux + KDE 3.3 and now untarred freshly pmwiki-2.0.beta26.
Then I opened each and every file in scripts/ directory
using "KWrite". (I know there are some CR/LF difference in
Unix and Windows)... BUT
.....MY obserservations in KWrite:

author.php		: I can place the cursor after and below the last ?>
compat1x.php	: == do ==
crypt.php		: == do ==
diag.php		: == do ==
guiedit.php		: == do ==
httpauth.php	: == do ==
mailposts.php	: == do ==
pagelist.php	: == do ==
pagerev.php	: missing ending ?>
pgcust.php	: I can place the cursor after and below the last ?>
phpdiff.php	: == do ==
refcount.php	: == do ==
rss.php		: == do ==
simuledit.php	: missing ending ?>
skins.php		: I can place the cursor after and below the last ?>
stdconfig.php	: == do ==
stdmarkup.php	: == do ==
trails.php		: missing ending ?>
upload.php		: I can place the cursor after and below the last ?>
urlapprove.php	: == do ==
vardoc.php	: == do ==
version.php	: OK :-)
wikistyles.php	: I can place the cursor after and below the last ?>
xlpage-utf-8.php : == do ==

hmmm.. is this ok or a CR/LF misunderstanding?
....According to php docs a file without last ?> means closed (not sure of its
impact upon other calling php files).

V.Krishn