[pmwiki-users] still can't get my farm working

Neil Herber nospam at mail.eton.ca
Mon Mar 14 15:14:36 CST 2005

At 2005-03-14  11:24 AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
> > 3. In pmwiki, renamed pmwiki.php as index.php (thanks for that
> > suggestion, Neil!)
>
>It's okay to rename pmwiki.php as index.php, but admins often forget
>this when they upgrade.  Better is to create a symlink or shortcut
>from index.php to pmwiki.php.

Please note that my original suggestion was related to fields in wiki
farms, viz:

>Each field can/should have:
>         local/
>         pub/   (only if you have field-based skins)
>         uploads/  (if enabled)
>         wiki.d/
>         index.php  (or whatever you have called the file which actually
> invokes PmWIki.
>                         I use index so that it gets served automatically)
>
>There may be others, but that is what I have in my most complex field.

The field-based index.php file(s) has(have) the following contents:

<?php
         include('X:/file/path/to/pmwiki/pmwiki.php');
         ?>

This means that upgrades are just a drop in.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668