[pmwiki-users] Re: Perfection and Menus (WAS: onover-bundling) . . .

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Mar 13 22:02:01 CST 2005

On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 09:14:20AM -0800, Fred Chittenden wrote:
> > Disagree. One of the great things about PmWiki is that it works
> > with any browser on any platform.
> >

> This would NOT seem to be a problem with the config files, but something
> going on somewhere else, perhaps in the wiki engine, Mac php handling, or
> Mac Browsers.

It is a limitation of the features implemented in many Mac browsers --
nothing more.  In general, the popular Mac browsers don't provide the
appropriate Javascript functions needed to manipulate the text in a
<textarea> element of a document.

> IMHO, this is likely to be such a short term problem that it's hardly worth
> dealing with globally for those few Mac Users effected.

What's the definition of "short-term" here?  Months?  A year?  Longer?
I would expect it to continue to be a problem for at least a year or
more.