[pmwiki-users] still can't get my farm working

Hans design at flutesong.net
Fri Mar 11 02:58:26 CST 2005

Friday, March 11, 2005, 7:44:12 AM, rickla wrote:

> 1. Uploaded latest pmwiki in "rikiwiki" directory, unpacked, renamed pmwiki.
> 2. In pmwiki/local, created farmconfig.php . Put in the $FarmPubDirUrl
> only, as an absolute path starting with http:// and ending with pub
> without a trailing slash.

example:
$FarmPubDirUrl = 'http://www.mydomain.com/pmwiki/pub';

> 3. In pmwiki, renamed pmwiki.php as index.php (thanks for that
> suggestion, Neil!)

This should not be necessary and gives you just another thing to do
when you upgrade pmwiki. Don't rename pmwiki.php if you farm.

> 4. Created first field directory, kumamotoefl , inside pmwiki directory.

This may be the biggest error: Create your field directory NOT as a
subdirectory of pmwiki/, but in a distinct directory in the site root.
example:
mydomain.com/kumamotoefl/

> 5. In pmwiki/kumamotoefl created index.php

see above, example:
http://www.mydomain.com/kumamotoefl/index.php

> Content was <?php include('http://...full path to
> .../pmwiki/index.php'); ?>  [any problems with the syntax?)

example (relative path to pmwiki.php from field index.php):
<?php include('../pmwiki/pmwiki.php'); ?>

> 6. Changed permissions on pmwiki/kumamotoefl to 2777 by using chmod.

if necessary, i.e. asked to do so when you open index.php in your
browser.

> 7. Loaded the field wiki in a browser.
http://www.mydomain.com/kumamotoefl/index.php
see point 6.

8. Create some pages. wiki.d should be a subdirectory of the field
directory, and not pmwiki/.

> Received an error message telling me to create a wiki.d directory
> under pmwiki and give it permissions of 777.
> 8. Did as instructed and reloaded the field. Opened fine. BUT clicking
> on Edit Page opens up the editing window for the corresponding farm
> wiki (which, as I mentioned, I don't really want to exist).
> Note that PmWiki didn't create any files or directories in the
> kumamotoefl field for me.

The field was never created. Instead wiki.d was created in pmwiki/

9. create field/pub/skins/ for field skin directories
i.e. kumamotofl/pub/skins/myskin/

10. create config.php in  field directory/local/ i.e.
kumamotoefl/local/config.php
for field customizations.
i.e.:
$ScriptUrl = 'http://www.mydomain.com/kumamotoefl/index.php';
$PubDirUrl = 'http://www.mydomain.com/kumamotoefl/pub';

if you use cookbook scripts stored in the farm: pmwiki/cookbook/
then call any script like this from the field config.php:
example:
include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/skinchange.php");

Its important to use ".."  instead of '..'

hope this helps!
Best,
~Hans