[pmwiki-users] New cookbook recipe : BuildForms

Pierre Rouzeau pierre at rouzeau.net
Thu Mar 10 15:29:49 CST 2005

Hello,
what Sivakatirswami wants is to make the post to go elsewhere than on
the page, and also to be urlencoded.

I can do that easily by modifying the <form> action and enctype parameters.

Though, I so lost one of the functionnality of the recipe, which is the
memory of the parameters, because in this case the POSTED data are never
seen by the program.

I see three possible solutions, but do not know how to implement them:

1/ making simultaneous post to the page and to the other destination. I
doubt this is possible in HTML, but ?

2/ I can post to the page, and then resend the dataset to the intended
destination. How to resend a dataset ? It it possible by sending on the
URL line, but this is not the good solution, chances being very high
that I exceed the allowed line size.

3/ I can post to the page, and then redo a submission with the other
destination. How to have automatic submission for a page ? I would like
to avoid, if possible, the use of javascript.

If someone knowledgeable have a solution ?

Regards

Page principale - Main page  -  www.rouzeau.net <http://www.rouzeau.net>