[pmwiki-users] RSS: please explain

Hans design at flutesong.net
Thu Mar 10 04:36:13 CST 2005

Hi,
I confess that I am puzzled about RSS.
I read the relevant pages on pmwiki.org and have some idea that
action=rss should provide a page with headlines and a short
description (i.e. first line of pages), and including a link to the
pages. But http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Main/RecentChanges?action=rss
only gives me a page of code without any style formatting, like:

  <?xml version="1.0" ?>
- <rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
- <channel>
  <title>PmWiki | Main / RecentChanges</title>
  <link>http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki?n=Main.RecentChanges</link>
  <description>Main.RecentChanges</description>
  <lastBuildDate>Thu, 10 Mar 2005 09:00:29 GMT</lastBuildDate>
  <generator>pmwiki-2.0.beta26</generator>
- <item>
  <title>Main / WikiSandbox</title>
  <link>http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki?n=Main.WikiSandbox</link>
  <description>Feel free to use this page to experiment with the Text Formatting Rules. Just click the "Edit Page" link at the bottom of the page. ...</description>
  <dc:contributor />
  <dc:date>2004-08-26T19:27Z</dc:date>
  </item>

This is probably not what it should be.
But the documentation does not give any example how it could be.
Can you please explain how to use it?

thanks!
--
Best regards,