[pmwiki-users] Re: Perfection and Menus (WAS: onover-bundling) . . .

Fred Chittenden drfredc at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 9 21:26:59 CST 2005

GUIedit should be enabled by default as pmwiki's foundation should be ease of use.

Of my pet peaves as a webmaster would be to simplify the ease of updates.

I'd like to see the config file broken up into two files.
Wiki_ID -- for a wiki's identity (URLs, passwords, and other similar rarely changed stuff in the updating process).
Wiki_Config -- for the various frequently configured features of the wiki.  These would be set to the most commonly used settings to reduce webmaster updating overhead.
This way, one could easily update a wiki by uploading Wiki_config to the Local folder while leaving the Wiki_ID identity file untouched.  There are obviously other menu driven ways one might handle this to ease overhead, but hey, one thing at a time.

Always, Fred C