[pmwiki-users] New cookbook recipe : BuildForms

Pierre Rouzeau pierre at rouzeau.net
Wed Mar 9 13:26:22 CST 2005

Hello,

what I mean is that if you set param_x=value, the result will be that

$arg[param_x]==value

but if you set param_x="" the isset($arg[param_x]) == FALSE
and what interest me is that $arg[param_x])=="".

Practically, to understand, I display the content of disp=onevalue if
this is set, and if this is not set, i display the content of name instead.
So if i want to display nothing and set disp="", the value displayed is
the name, because the parameter disp was not created. This is no big
deal and may not be very frequent, practically I set a blank instead say
disp=" ", I was just feeling that an empty value is a valid parameter.
Please don't consider that as a priority...

Regards

Patrick R. Michaud a écrit :
> On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 12:49:34AM +0100, Pierre Rouzeau wrote:
>
>>This recipe is making full use of the new function 'ParseArgs'
>>
>>Though, i have a request: is it possible to pass an empty string as a
>>valid parameter?
>

> Either "" or param="" ought to do it.  Surprisingly,  param=   sets
> $args['param'] to 'param=', so I'll have to see what's happening there.
>
> Pm

Pierre Rouzeau - Proud indigenous of old Europe
CNC Router - Fraiseuse CN  www.otocoup.com <http://www.otocoup.com>
Hovercraft model - Aéroglisseur modèle www.aeroglisseur.com
<http://www.aeroglisseur.com>Mon petit bateau - la "souris" -
www.rouzeau.net/Souris.htm <http://www.rouzeau.net/Souris.htm>