[pmwiki-users] Re: "Perfection" and Menus (WAS: on over-bundling) . . .

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Wed Mar 9 11:03:45 CST 2005

At 09:46 AM 3/9/2005, chr at home.se wrote:
>On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Ben Wilson wrote:
>
> > Do the GUI buttons belong in the Core? I opine no--and I realize I am
> > in the minority here.
>
>I agree with you here (guess we're at least a minority of two then :-)

Make that a minority of three :)

Besides having to supercede buttons in various local config files, I also
had to remove lots of Markup rules (some of them are duplicate or slight
variations on the same functionality)

> > I strongly favor "Menus," to continue on with the food metaphor. In
> > this context, I define a Menu as a set of Recipes that we users have
> > adopted. I have six or seven that I personally "must" use to feel
> > comfortable (but would never approve them in the Core).
>
>Sounds like a good idea, although the word "Menu" did make me think of
>things like the common "File"-menu... not sure how much of a problem that
>is here.

Yes, I was going for Bundle (sets of integrated recipes and/or skins)
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ListOfBundles

Also see
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00368

Cheers,