[pmwiki-users] Re: functionality packs

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Mon Mar 7 14:36:29 CST 2005

I understand, but what I'm driving at is not only looks. It's functionality.

Like for a beginner group I would provide less control and more contextual
guidance; for a more advanced group, I'd balance it out while for an expert
setting I'd provide lots of control and no 'link' button on the GUI :)

There's lots of research that shows that at different levels of expertise
from beginner to expert, from programmer to layout designer, etc, people
require different functionality in their interfaces.

At 03:14 PM 3/7/2005, Neil Herber wrote:
>I have found that for business users, as long as the interface is
>consistent and easy to navigate and understand, they don't care about
>switching skins. Hobbyists and computer geeks are a different matter.

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)