[pmwiki-users] pass-protect access to skins?

Neil Herber nospam at mail.eton.ca
Mon Mar 7 10:44:02 CST 2005

At 2005-03-07  10:42 AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
> > It may happen with someone from a group to somehow notice a different
> group
> > has a different skin and figure out how to switch it using the docs, then
> > complain that he lost the functionality s/he was used to.

Users can't switch skins unless you have implemented skin switching, so
there is no need to have password protection.

I am assuming that by "group" you mean a collection of users with common
interests, and not a wiki group.

If you want different user groups to have different skins, then you should
set up a wiki farm with a field for each user group. Give each field its
own pub/skins/ directory.

If you want different user groups to have different skins for the same
wiki, that is a different, and potentially very confusing matter.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668