[pmwiki-users] pass-protect access to skins?

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Mon Mar 7 10:13:34 CST 2005

In the light of the fact that PMWiki skinned templates tend to incorpotate
various functional elements above and beyond the mere 'look' that skins
normally have we may need to pass-protect the access to skins too, I
suggest the extension of the password system (however it will wind up), to
skin application too.

It may happen with someone from a group to somehow notice a different group
has a different skin and figure out how to switch it using the docs, then
complain that he lost the functionality s/he was used to.

In a way it's similar to uploads; one may design some functionality for one
group and another set for another group, and encode that in a skin. Of
course, maybe it's still better to divorce the look(skin) and feel(recipe
set), but somehow that sounds like more work :) *lazy sob*

I looked around Cookbook and PITS and this doesn't seem to be implemented
or requested anywhere.
In case this suggestion has value to the community, should I add an issue
of its own, or contribute this to an existing issue like PITS.00010?

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)