[pmwiki-users] Bug with SetTmplDisplay in preview handling?

Neil Herber nospam at mail.eton.ca
Mon Mar 7 09:28:52 CST 2005

At 2005-03-07  09:27 AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
>On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 03:07:47PM +0000, Hans wrote:
> > One solution would be to give a wiki admin the option of opening a
> > preview page in a new window, instead of the same window/page as the
> > edit textarea. This may be quite a nice option for other reasons as
> > well.
>
>In 2003 when we first started implementing page previews we discussed
>the idea of opening previews in a new window, but decided for a variety
>of reasons that it was better to have them in the same window.
>
>This doesn't mean that it can't be provided as an option, but note
>that it probably requires some javascript to do it.  Pressing "Preview"
>has to submit the current text to PmWiki, which would then have to
>somehow return two documents based on that text into two separate
>windows (the edit form and the preview pane).

If the conditional display code Patrick provided earlier works, that would
be fine for me.

Opening a second window would be too confusing for most users. What I have
seen some systems do is display the preview but add buttons or links below
it that say something like "Yes, this preview is what I want, please save it".

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668