[pmwiki-users] Deleting dead WikiPages and WikiGroups

Algis Kabaila akabaila at pcug.org.au
Sun Mar 6 16:04:28 CST 2005

On Saturday 05 March 2005 00:49, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 11:54:20PM +1100, Algis Kabaila wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > In moving from pmwiki1 to pmwiki2, I renamed some Pages and Groups and
moved
> > the data to the new locations via their respective edit fields.  This
created
> > many "dead" pages and several "dead" WikiGroups.
> >
> > I attempted to remove the dead pages by deleting the contents, but that
does
> > not remove the page itself from the pmwiki.  How can they be removed
> > permanently from the wiki site?
>
> For this, the easiest way is to simply delete the files from wiki.d/ .

First of all, thank you, Patrick, for such prompt and informative reply in the
"distant past" in V3-12.11, on 2005.03.05.  As always, it is informative and
helpful - the care and speed is very impressive indeed.

It cleared my apprehension of deleting any files  in wiki.d/ directly (with
ftp access in my case).  I feared this could "bring the house down".

I do not know php (saw it as a programming tool only a few weeks ago).
Perhaps I should learn some of it in order to manage a wiki site?

> The normal way an author can delete pages is by changing the page's contents
> to "delete".

Though I have not read every page of the documentation of PmWiki, I can not
find the details how to change "page's contents to "delete" and I should know
that in order to tell users and prospective users.  Are there readers of this
mailing list that could help, please - I feel beginners' questions should not
be loaded on to Pm...  Of course, a word from Patrick is always welcome.

Thank you all,

OldAl.

--
Al.