[pmwiki-users] on the Light Skin

H. Fox haganfox at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 15:44:43 CST 2005

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 13:01:29 -0500, Radu <radu at monicsoft.net> wrote:
> At 06:14 PM 3/4/2005, haganfox wrote:
> >The Light Skin's edit page has the following, hopefully usable, behavior.
> >
> >If there's no $author variable set (no author cookie) you need to
> >discover the save button below the text area.  It's sandwiched between
> >the Author input area and the minor-edit checkbox to promote their
> >usage.
>
> the little 'v' link is not a button, is it? You may make it more explicit
> by adding alt text and making the v stick to the preview button rather than
> the reset button (move the space after the v link).

The little 'v' link isn't a button because it cannot be one.  I wanted
the Preview  button to scroll down to the #anchor automatically, but
according to Pm that isn't possible.  Instead, I created the 'v' link
and tried to style it so it visually fits in among the buttons in the
row.  I use the 'v' link frequently.

Adding alt text (actually a title since it's a link) is a good
suggestion.  I originally didn't come up with a good title string.
Also, it makes one more thing someone will need to ferret out to
change the language of the string.  (Using $[language] doesn't work
for the upper one.)  I'll use "Scroll to the preview area" for the
time being.

Now that the PmWiki edit page is pending a significant refactoring
(see http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00308 ) I've lowered the priority
of working on the Light Skin edit page.  I'll resume when when the
underlying PmWiki edit page design stabilizes in its new form.

> Here's a issue I have
> with ALL skins. the Reset button should NOT be so close to anything else. I
> moved it at the other end of the edit textarea.

Another good suggestion.  I use the reset button every once in a
while, but it's not much harder to click the Edit Page link to
accomplish (almost) the same thing.  You're right that the Reset
button shouldn't be prominent, if it even needs to be there at all.

I'll get rid of the upper Reset button and move the lower one to the
end on the right.

Thanks for the helpful feedback.

Hagan