[pmwiki-users] a spammed wiki can look like this :-) - protect your wiki!

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Mar 5 13:19:17 CST 2005

On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 01:36:16PM -0500, Radu wrote:
> Button/icon ideas (probably already fielded by others)
> edit(pad with pencil)
> show(eye)
> admin(couple of checkboxes in a square)
> All icons would be visible at all times, but when password is active, a
> lock with a letter on it would show up (p for page password, g for group
> password, s for site-wide) that makes a total of 12 gifs.

This is a nice idea, placing it in the page template itself is
nicely extensible also.  Don't forget "upload/attachments".

Rather than create separate gifs for each combination, one could always
leave the P/G/S as text on top of background images for
edit/show/admin/attach.  This would only require four images.

I should probably add a function to PmWiki that makes it easy to
quickly determine the current password settings for any page.
Or perhaps RetrieveAuthPage can return it (that makes much more sense).