[pmwiki-users] Author missed suggestion

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Fri Mar 4 15:24:15 CST 2005

At 02:59 PM 3/4/2005, Neil Herber wrote:
>At 2005-03-04  02:46 PM -0500, Radu is rumored to have said:
>>>
>>>See the existing solution here:
>>>
>>>http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/RequireAuthor
>>
>>I know, I implemented that in my version, but on open ones, like
>>PmWiki.org, it's a pain to remember it.
>
>Sorry, I misunderstood! I thought you were talking about your own wiki.
>But by default, PmWiki sets a cookie with your author name so you only
>need to remember it once. Do you have cookies disabled?

No, my cookies are fine, thank you :) Enabled, per-session. It may well be
possible that I never filled the author field on pmwiki.org. I did it many
times in my own install. It may be that the cookie expires after a session?
I could not find any pmwiki.org cookie in my set. Also, I'm using an
antiquated IE5.0 (thoroughy patched, though), because that is what my
supervisor wants us to use as the lowest IE browser supported by our pages.

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)