[pmwiki-users] Rights on Pages subdirectories of /files directory

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Mar 4 14:06:36 CST 2005

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 08:32:59PM +0100, Pierre Rouzeau wrote:
> Since i am on my new webhost, all files created by PmWiki are owned by
> '99'. Pages are ok, because they have 777 rights
> Though the subdirectories of /files directory are created with 775
> rights. Being not '99', i cannot changes these rights.
> The problem is I cannot write files by FTP on these newly created
> directories, neither i can delete existing files. This is a big problem.
> Is it possible to create these directories with 777 rights, and also
> give 777 to the written files ?

Normally PmWiki creates its files and directories with permissions
sufficient to make sure the account holder can still overwrite
and remove them.  I'm very curious to know why that isn't
happening in your case -- what version of PmWiki are you running?
Can you send me the results of doing an "ls -l" on your pmwiki
directory?

It's pretty easy to get the file permissions fixed -- I'll
send a script for this.  However, I'd like to know what went
wrong first.