[pmwiki-users] Extended uploads for v2

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Tue Mar 1 14:22:50 CST 2005

Hi

I thought I'd spend a couple of hours tonight working on getting
extended upload functionality for PmWiki-v2. For PmWiki-v1 this was the
cookbook page
	http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook-V1/UploadExtended

Basically I want to achieve the following:
* Allow paths to be used together with the upload-related directives
  Attach: and (:attachlist:)
* Allow (:attachlist <dirpath>:) to list only files for a
  specific group/directory.
* Allow international characters in filenames and paths.

With this functionality it should be possible to upload files to create
a file structure such as this:

	uploads/
	 |-- at-top-level.txt
	 |-- Group1/
	 |   |-- aFile.txt
	 |   `-- dir1/
	 |       `-- aFileInSubDir.txt
	 |`-- dir2/
	 |-- Group2/
	 |   |-- aFileInGruoup2.txt
	 |   `-- dir1/

That we could access using these examples (we're in the group 'Group1'):
* Attach:aFile.txt - will by default refer to the current group, so
  this will link to uploads/Group1/aFile.txt

* Attach:dir1/aFileInSubDir.txt - will link to
  uploads/Group1/dir1/aFileInSubDir.txt

* Attach:/at-top-level.txt - will link to uploads/at-top-level.txt

* Attach:/Group2/aFileInGroup2.txt - will link to
  uploads/Group2/aFileInGroup2.txt

and so on. Listing files in another directory would simply be e.g.:

	(:attachlist /Group2/dir1:)

So my first question is how much of this is does already work in
Pmwiki-v2. Does international characters work for instance?

Or do people use other methods to allow users to upload files and keep
them in a more structured system?  (This includes linking to them easily,
as well as listing them of course).

regards
/Christian