[pmwiki-users] Hiding the SideBar in templates

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jun 30 09:16:37 CDT 2005

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 10:09:56PM +0100, Hans wrote:
> This looks useful, but I wonder how confusing it will be, introducing
> php code into the html template this way. In particular I wonder about
> how it will relate to code in other places, where SetTmplDisplay for
> instance may be used. Will either override the other? Which code will
> have priority?

The template would be the lowest priority setting -- i.e., any other
calls to SetTmplDisplay would override it.

> Would the latter provide successive testing of existence of pages?
> Like
>     <!--PageLeftFmt $Group.SideBar Main.SideBar-->

Probably.

> Maybe it would be better to be able to suppress a Page...Fmt section
> from within the page loading syntax, like
>
>    <!--PageLeftFmt-->
>      <!--wiki:$Group.SideBar Main.SideBar PageLeftFmt:0-->
>   <!--/PageLeftFmt-->

This assumes that the only thing that would cause suppressing a
section is a <!--wiki:...--> directive.  Someone might want to
suppress a section based on something other than <!--wiki:...-->,
plus it may be even more confusing to tie "wiki" with the
page sections than it is to tie the page sections with PHP/page
existence.