[pmwiki-users] capital first letters

Hans design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Jun 30 08:07:02 CDT 2005

I got a solution now for an automatic first capital letter:
I got it from changing the drop cap markup from extended markups.

## firstcap markup
Markup('firstcap','block','/^([[:upper:]])(.*)$/',
                '<:block><p class=\'firstcap\'>$1$2</p>');

#Styling for the first (initial) Capital letter of a paragraph:
HTMLStylesFmt[] = "
    p.firstcap:first-letter {
         font-family: Georgia, serif;
         font-size: 170%;
         padding-right: 2px; }
    ";

It delivers <p class='firstcap'> ... </p>
so no spans here!

All I needed to do was to remove the ; from the dropcap markup, so it
goes automatic without changes on the pages, and change the styling
from being a drop-cap, which uses float:left, to non-float.

Best,
~Hans