[pmwiki-users] Re: $FmtV and $FmtP

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Tue Jun 28 04:51:16 CDT 2005

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 07:51:45AM +0200, chr at home.se wrote:
> >
> > > Variables generally get documented at
> > > http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Variables, although not all of them
> > > are documented yet (there are so many!).  If you need specific variables
> > > documented then let me know and I'll see about adding them.
> >
> > If you give me a rough description of $FmtV and $FmtP, I can polish it a
> > bit and add it... (I believe I've asked a while back about these
> > variables - can't remember why right now, but it can't hurt to have them
> > documented...).

[...]

I've added the explanation of $FmtV and $FmtP to this page

	http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/OtherVariables

and added the explanation of FmtPageName to this page

	http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Functions

Does that seem reasonable to you?

/Christian

PS. Is the (:varindex:) documented somewhere? The entry on the page
MarkupMasterIndex simply points to PmWiki.Directives, but I can't find
anything there...

Something like (:varindex:) together with (:functionindex:) would be
perfect for documenting small software projects - assuming that the names
of functions are linked just as variables are linked today. It would also
be necessary to have the set of variables/functions be specific to the
current group - you don't want PmWiki-variables to become mixed up with
the variables in your software project.