[pmwiki-users] Input recipe

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 22:26:57 CDT 2005

On 6/24/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 24, 2005 at 01:59:33PM -0400, Bronwyn Boltwood wrote:
> What are the control names and values of these checkboxes?

> > [X] Send me newsletters (this is checked)

This one is named "send me newsletters", and it is checked because of
the capital X.

> > [x] Sell my address to penis enlargement vendors (this is unchecked)

This one is named "sell my address", and it is unchecked because of
the lowercase x.  I tried this system because I was worried about
people getting checkboxes mixed up with radio buttons.  Maybe [x] or
[X] should produce a checkbox, while [x*] or [X*] produce
checked-by-default checkboxes?

> > [o] 12-24 [o] Out of our target demographic [*] You're too nosy (default choice)

Each radio button should be named after its label on the right.  [*]
is selected by default, because it resembles a solid circle.  [o] is
not selected because it is the outline of a circle.

I know this isn't perfect, but it did seem like a good start that many
people might understand easily.

Bronwyn