[pmwiki-users] Input recipe

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jun 23 00:00:19 CDT 2005

On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 07:32:04PM -0400, Martin Fick wrote:

> I like it! I have been hoping for something like this for a
> while.
>
> I do wonder though if we should not make the syntax more
> 'wiki' like, ie even simpler!

I'm all in favor of simpler markup, provide it's fairly obvious
and doesn't interfere with standard text.  --form element-- doesn't
quite work in this respect... it doesn't look like a form element
to me, and hyphens often occur in normal text (I use them all
the time in my email messages).

FWIW, somehow the following look more like input forms to me:

   [__________]    a text input line
   [**********]    a password text area
   [X]             a checkbox
   [*]             a radio button
   [Submit]        a submit button

however, the problem with the above is that there doesn't seem to be
an easy way to attach attributes to them (name, value, etc.).  The
(:...:) directives have the advantage of looking a little bit like
input fields while providing a convenient place to hang attributes.
Although yes, I agree it has a lot of length.