[pmwiki-users] Embed spaces or distance between words in a table in a table

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Wed Jun 22 15:00:04 CDT 2005

David Sovinski wrote:
> I'm  trying to put some spaces between words for clarification but
> proportional spacing keeps compressing the data
> I want something like:  '''10'''     6:30 - 8:30 ('''10''' is bold)
>
> Question: Is it possible to embed something like "<span style="width:
> 15px;"></span>" between the date and the time so I can get predictable
> blank space between the date and time? If not is there another way to do
> it?

As Pm noted, this is possible, but it's probably not what you want: for
example, you'll have difficulties aligning the text if the date on the
left is just a single digit. Or if somebody has set his browser to use a
font where the digits have different width (some fonts have a narrower
digit 1).
You could fill each cell with a single-line two-column table. Just make
sure the columns are wide enough to accommodate whatever you're doing to
fill into them (i.e. set the width in terms of "em"s, which grow with
the font size if the browser was configured with a larger font).
I'm not sure how the PmWiki layout for all this would be; it's not the
kind of layout that I need.

Regards,
Jo