[pmwiki-users] authuser

Hans design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Jun 21 18:27:17 CDT 2005

Wednesday, June 22, 2005, 12:05:48 AM, Patrick wrote:
> I didn't understand it either, but I think the point was that
> one could use this as a diagnostic tool to know when authentication
> had taken place (i.e., a valid username and password had been entered).

thank you! Makes more sense now. When it works it crashes. :)

I use a logout script to clear the session and the author cookie,
and {$Author} in the footer will show me if and who is authenticated
and signed as author, plus a number of conditional (:if auth edit:)...
etc markups to give me indicators of the authentication status.

BTW.
$DefaultPasswords['edit'] = 'id:*';    works now.
No idea though what caused the change.

Best,
~Hans