[pmwiki-users] authuser

Dominique Faure dominique.faure.1 at free.fr
Tue Jun 21 13:32:24 CDT 2005

> I also notice that entering a username and password does not pass this
> username ( $_SESSION['authid'] ) to the {$Author} variable. Could this
> be included, so the username automatically appears in the sign author
> box, and other places on pages where {$Author} is used?

Looking at source code, we have:

authuser.php(66):

    list($i, $c, $r) = explode(':', $x, 3);

Can't we have $r field used for a real author name to use to set {$Author}
variable?

And Now for Something Completely Different ;-),
how about getting htpasswd data from a Site.HtPasswd wiki page?

Also, could we have a crypt() wrapping function in order to allow direct use
of apache2 htpasswd files?

C:\apache2\bin>htpasswd -bc htusers user_with_md5_password zzz
C:\apache2\bin>htpasswd -bs htusers user_with_sha_password zzz
C:\apache2\bin>type htusers
user_with_md5_password:$apr1$c92.....$0oVL79Q3QfCdMvx3HYUpy/
user_with_sha_password:{SHA}QPo37ADHYcfbtuve5tSiYLki9fQ=

Regards,
Dominique